We wanted to share some of the things we’ve been working on and that are currently in the pipeline:
-Ladder reset for 1v1 giving everyone a fresh shot at hitting the top of the ladder
-Working on server performance and optimizations to improve player experience (some of these optimizations have already been made)
-New 1v1 ranked maps
We will let everyone know as these come online.
Also, for those of you who did not see the announcement, Community Mods, the Community Dedicated Server, Community Chat and Legion Expansion support are now up and running.
Due to some issues we have discovered with the latest build, we have reverted back to an older version of the game for the time being. Once we have addressed those issues, we will be releasing a new update. Thank you for your understanding and happy annihilating!
-The Uber Team
We have just updated the game to make use of Playfab. The game was built using Ubernet as its backend, which later became a part of PlayFab. Since the Playfab acquisition, Ubernet will no longer be supported by Microsoft. To make sure we can keep the game going long term, we are required to transition to PlayFab technology.
What does this mean for you as a PA or TITANS player? Hopefully this will be a seamless transition and the game should function as it has in the past. But, with something as complex as replacing the whole back end system in the game, we do expect a few speed bumps along the way.
Here’s what you can expect to see in the new build:
- A popup appears explaining what information we collect as a PA or Titans player, also asking you to verify that you have read the Terms and Conditions and that you are over 16 years of age
- When you login to Ubernet and we detect you do not have a Playfab account, we automatically create a new Playfab account and transfer all of your Ubernet account information to it (Inventory, email, display name, etc.) A popup appears when this process occurs to allow you to migrate your password
- There is a new button in Settings>Gameplay that allows you to delete your Playfab account if needed or request a copy of your information
- The sign-in fields at the main menu now looks for your account on Playfab first, then Ubernet if we don’t find a Playfab account. This will cause the process of getting player names to be a little slower at first, but this will speed up as more people migrate over to Playfab.
- The UberLauncher still uses your Ubernet account until we complete the migration
- All multiplayer functionality should remain exactly as it was before
- Servers and Matchmaking will remain on Ubernet for the next few weeks
- Leaderboards, Friends list, etc. all search for player data in Playfab first. If that information is not found there, it then searches Ubernet
- Mods that get names directly from Ubernet may fail to display Names for brand new users (since they are only on PlayFab)
More work will be coming in the near future to complete the migration to Playfab and we will be keeping everyone up to date on the process.
If you encounter any issues with your account after you migrate over the Playfab, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com and we will assist you as soon as possible.
-The Uber Team
This hotfix resolves the SSL issue preventing MacOS users from being able to sign in. A separate fix for the uberlauncher will be rolled out next and we will release that as soon as it is ready. Thank you again for being patient with us and happy annihilating!
Update: A fix for the UberLauncher on MacOS has been released. However, there is a new bug that has appeared on the Windows UberLauncher that causes it to get stuck in an update loop. For the time being, please hit Cancel and it will allow you to continue to play Offline for now while we sort this out. Thank you for understanding.
Second Update: The issue with the Windows UberLauncher has now been resolved and you should be able to launch the game again using any platform and any OS. Thank you for bearing with us as we worked through this issue!
This hotfix resolves the SSL issue preventing most people from being able to sign in.
We are aware that there is still an issue with MacOS as well as the UberLauncher. We are still working on tracking those down and will release a fix as soon as we are able. Thank you for your continued patience.
We’re happy to announce that we now included official translations in Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Enjoy!
A host of new custom commanders, free for everyone!
- Added Locust, XOV, Reaver, spz58624, raizell, visionik, tykus24, mostlikely, nagasher, zancrowe, kevin4001, damubbster, commandonut, sadiga, jt00010177, vidicarus
- Removed friendly commander reclaim
- Changed grenadier group preference to back
- Changed default bounty to 0.25
POV Camera Mode, Spectator Selection, Holodeck Improvements
- A POV camera mode that follows a unit and watches the action from their perspective! The default keybind for this is Ctrl+Shift+M.
- More details can be found on the following thread in our forums: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/new-pov-camera-mode-testing.72119/
Alternative Win Conditions
- Sudden death for teams (protect your weakest player)
Sim Speed Control for Local Servers
- Added sim speed control for local servers with key bindings -/=
- Added AI shared armies
- Added resume anywhere for AI games with no human players
- Fixed black screen joining game over state
- Added social notifications when uberbar hidden
- Fixed broken classic galatic war saves with missing combined unit_list.json for.ai and .player spec tags
- Changed handling of look at player for spectators to use units
- Changed label for dynamic alliances eco sharing from RESC to SHARE ECO
- Added Friendly_Commander reclaim type and excluded friendly commanders from default unit reclaim type. Commander reclaim can be enabled again by adding Friendly_Commander to reclaim_types.