We have just updated the game to make use of Playfab. The game was built using Ubernet as its backend, which later became a part of PlayFab. Since the Playfab acquisition, Ubernet will no longer be supported by Microsoft. To make sure we can keep the game going long term, we are required to transition to PlayFab technology.
What does this mean for you as a PA or TITANS player? Hopefully this will be a seamless transition and the game should function as it has in the past. But, with something as complex as replacing the whole back end system in the game, we do expect a few speed bumps along the way.
Here’s what you can expect to see in the new build:
- A popup appears explaining what information we collect as a PA or Titans player, also asking you to verify that you have read the Terms and Conditions and that you are over 16 years of age
- When you login to Ubernet and we detect you do not have a Playfab account, we automatically create a new Playfab account and transfer all of your Ubernet account information to it (Inventory, email, display name, etc.) A popup appears when this process occurs to allow you to migrate your password
- There is a new button in Settings>Gameplay that allows you to delete your Playfab account if needed or request a copy of your information
- The sign-in fields at the main menu now looks for your account on Playfab first, then Ubernet if we don’t find a Playfab account. This will cause the process of getting player names to be a little slower at first, but this will speed up as more people migrate over to Playfab.
- The UberLauncher still uses your Ubernet account until we complete the migration
- All multiplayer functionality should remain exactly as it was before
- Servers and Matchmaking will remain on Ubernet for the next few weeks
- Leaderboards, Friends list, etc. all search for player data in Playfab first. If that information is not found there, it then searches Ubernet
- Mods that get names directly from Ubernet may fail to display Names for brand new users (since they are only on PlayFab)
More work will be coming in the near future to complete the migration to Playfab and we will be keeping everyone up to date on the process.
If you encounter any issues with your account after you migrate over the Playfab, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you as soon as possible.
-The Uber Team