Effective: June 21, 2018
Uber Entertainment, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Uber”, “we”, “us” and their derivatives) makes this policy available to users of our games, including Planetary Annihilation®, Planetary Annihilation: Titans™, and Monday Night Combat® (the “Games”), websites, including the http://www.uberent.com/ website, the Uber Entertainment Forums available at https://forums.uberent.com/,and their subdomains (the “Websites”), and other online services (with the Games and the Websites, collectively, the “Services”). This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, transferring, disclosing, retaining and disposing of users’ personal data. Note that lower case terms that are used but not defined in this policy (e.g., “personal data”, “controller”, “process”, “data subject”, etc.) have the meanings assigned in Article 4 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation; however, to be clear, this policy applies to all users of the Services, no matter where they live.
This policy applies only to personal data we collect through the Services and in email, text or other digital correspondence between us and our users. It does not apply to any information that:
- we collect offline; or
- you provide to or is collected by any third party.
Please read this policy carefully, so you can understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. If you don’t agree with our policies and practices, don’t use our Services. By using our Services—including by downloading one of our games or registering with or using one of our Websites—you agree to this policy.
This policy may change from time to time, so be sure to review the information provided under the heading “Changes to this policy” below.
We do not collect personal data from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Services are directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, do not submit any information about yourself to us. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, so we may remove the information.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 16, you may only use the Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. We must be able to verify this consent. If we determine that we have the personal data of a person between the ages of 13 and 16, and we haven’t received evidence that a parent or legal guardian has authorized their use the Services, we will delete any information we have about them.
How we collect your personal data
If you will use the Services, we may collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If you create an UberNet Account (an “account”), you will be asked to create a username and password and provide an email address.
- If you place an order through one of our Websites, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. We will keep details of transactions that you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment with orders.
- If you play one of our Games, we may collect information about your system and internet connection, including your IP address.
- If you correspond with us electronically, we will retain records of our correspondence, including the contents of whatever was said, your email address and your name and any other information that you provide to us.
- We will collect any information (collectively, “User Contributions”) that you publish or display (“post”) on public areas of the Websites (including the username of your account). For more information, review the information provided under the heading “User contributions”.
- If you browse our Websites, we may collect certain information through automatic data collection technologies as described further under the heading “automatic data collection technologies”.
- If you otherwise provide us with personal data.
Certain Services contain features (e.g., forums, chat functions in the Games) that enable users to disclose or publish User Contributions. Although an account is usually required to publicly disclose User Contributions using the Services, an account is usually not necessary to view such User Contributions. We can’t control the actions of other users of the Services or anyone else that may view your User Contributions and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons or used for purposes other than intended. If you choose to make your User Contributions available to others, including by posting in our forums or using any public chat functions in our Games, you do so at your own risk.
Automatic data collection technologies
If you use our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies—specifically, “cookies” and “web beacons”—to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- Details of your visits to our Websites. This may include traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection. This may include information about your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer through your web browser that enable us to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files that enable us, for example, to count users who have visited our pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
- Enhance your experience when using our Websites;
- Gather general visitor information in order to understand usage patterns;
- Track visits to our Websites (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity); and
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
Where personal data is processed
We’re based in the State of Washington in the United States of America. We may process and transfer your personal data in and to the United States of America and other countries, regardless of where you are. By using the Services, you consent to the foregoing. Keep in mind that the laws regulating the collection, use, and disposal of personal data vary from country to country, so applicable law in the country where your personal data may be processed may not be as comprehensive or strict as the laws of the country where you’re located.
How we use your personal data and our legal bases for processing it
We use personal data that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present the Services to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including information and updates pertaining to goods or services that you order from us;
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- For any other purpose with your consent; and
- Where you have given us permission to do so, to send you news and updates about our products or services, including special offers and promotions.
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Your consent;
- Compliance with applicable law;
- Exercise of our legitimate interests in:
- Endeavoring to create a fun experience for all users of our Services;
- Providing customer service;
- Improving our Services and business;
- Reviewing job applications; and
- Addressing legal issues.
- Fulfillment of our contractual obligations to users of our Services; and
- Endeavoring to protect users of our Services.
Disclosing your personal data
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Services and conducting our business who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, in addition to any other requirements as may be imposed under applicable law;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Uber Entertainment, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Uber Entertainment, Inc. pertaining to the users of our Services is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it and have given consent (for example, the disclosure of your User Contributions when you use our forums);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, such as responding to a government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Uber Entertainment Terms of Service, available at http://www.uberent.com/terms-service/, and any other contract we may have in effect with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Data Subject Rights
We will promptly act on the request of any user of the Services that we:
- Confirm that we have their personal data;
- Provide them with access to their personal data, including in portable format, that we may possess;
- Correct, update or amend their personal data;
- Delete and “forget” their personal data; or
- Limit our processing of their personal data.
You may always withdraw any consent to process your personal data you have provided us and object to our use or disclosure of your personal data. Exercise of any of the rights set forth in this section may not apply retroactively from the date a given request is made and doesn’t affect our ability to continue processing personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable law. The rights described in this section are subject to certain limitations and exceptions under applicable law.
If you’d like to exercise any of your data subject rights as to your personal data that we may possess, please reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you reach out, please put “Data Subject Access Request” in the subject line of the email, and briefly describe the right or rights you intend to exercise. We may use your personal data to confirm your identity before acting on your request.
Finally, you will always have the right to lodge a complaint about our privacy practices with the appropriate supervisory authority. We ask that you contact us first, so we can try to address any concerns that you have about our privacy practices directly.
Retention of personal data
We retain personal data for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or provided, subject to certain exceptions as authorized by and where required under applicable law. We may pseudonymize, delete or take other measures to dispose of personal data. We may retain copies of personal data for additional time for business continuity purposes and for the purposes of creating backups.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data when you use the Services. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database. Such information is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential, subject to any additional requirements imposed by our contract with them and applicable law. We do not store credit card numbers, social security numbers, or other similar information relating to the processing of transactions on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password in order to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you not to share your password or any personal data with anyone, including through public areas of the Services like forums or in-game chat. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Also, please keep in mind that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have designed our Services with the protection of your personal data in mind, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at email@example.com.