With the release of our latest build, 50083, we now have official support for 32 bit variants of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Additionally, while we’ve had Macintosh builds going out for a few weeks now, today’s build marks a significant improvement in playability on Mac OS/X 10.7 and 10.8 – sorry, 10.6 is not supported, due to a combination of middleware compatibility issues and architectural design concerns. You can download Mac and Linux builds through Steam, or directly through this link (requires an alpha enabled account).
If you are part of the alpha, and haven’t played in a while, or have been waiting on one of these, now is the time to hop in! The game itself also continues to grow, gain more features, fix more bugs (and create a few new ones as we go), and is already a lot of fun to play.
If you’re not already in part of the alpha, you can upgrade existing early backing or orders at our store. If you just learned about the game, you can buy it at our store or through Steam.
The official build notes for 50083:
- Windows Versions: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (64 & 32 bit)
- Mac OX/S: 10.7 & 10.8 – Please try again if you haven’t played in a while! Mac stability is drastically improved
- Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 & 13.04 (And derivatives); See here for other distro’s that are working (Need alpha forum access)
If you are playing on Linux or Mac at this early stage, please join us on the forums for discussion and ongoing bug fixes. These builds are still very early. If you don’t wish to play through steam for them, you can download directly from http://uberent.com/launcher/padownloads – Mac and Linux only, these are full builds until we get our stand alone launcher working.
- 32 Bit Windows Support: Download the launcher or via steam, and the executable should automatically detect your OS, preferentially choosing 64 bit if available
- Mac build should be significantly more playable now; Please report new problems to http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=73
- Auto weapon tick sped up again
- Subs should move now; Underwater is weird
- Sound cues for various states (low metal, low energy, commander under attack, C and F to select commander/fabbers)
- Balance changes
- Ubuntu 12.04 / 13.04
- Linux Mint 14 / 15
- ArchLinux 64bit: Symlink libudev.so.1 to libudev.so.0 workaround still required
- debian stable (wheezy) – newer libc6 needed
- debian testing (jessie) – no modifications
- Gentoo x64 with open-source radeon r600 driver — also ok. All the graphic stack is from the unstable (~) tree, mesa and LLVM from the git with the r600 LLVM compiler enabled. Apart from libudev fix — no special treatment was involved, just the standard 3D hardware support.